[Eril-l] Registration Open: 2017 Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge

Kim Maxwell kmaxwell at mit.edu
Mon Feb 6 14:43:01 PST 2017

**** Cross-posted to multiple lists; please excuse any duplication. ****

The Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge
Saturday May 20 - Tuesday May 23, 2017; Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood, Oregon

REGISTRATION IS OPEN<https://form.myjotform.com/10201107592>

We're so excited to share our 2017 Program<http://acquisitionsinstitute.org/2017-program/> with you! Our topics this year range from data visualization and ways to tell your story to diversity in the workforce to RFPs to streaming video to usage of different types of collections. We are especially excited about to bring you DeEtta Jones<http://www.deettajones.com/speaking> as this year's keynote speaker. DeEtta will speak about ways to reframe our roles as leaders, managers and practitioners, encouraging us to think about shifts in mental models and behaviors, based on practical experience in libraries, which may yield new results. She promises to be inspiring, and to equip us with some practical steps for having an immediate impact on the health of our organizations, colleagues, and personal practice.
About The Acquisitions Institute
Since 2000, we are the pre-eminent conference located in Western North America on acquisitions and collection development held at Timberline Lodge. We are a small, informal and stimulating gathering in a convivial and glorious Pacific Northwest setting, focused on the methods and innovation of building and managing library collections. This year, we'll be meeting Saturday May 20 - Tuesday May 23, 2017. Timberline Lodge is located on the slope of Mt. Hood, about an hour east of Portland, Oregon. Read more about us at http://www.acquisitioninstitute.org, contact us as planning at acquisitioninstitute.org<mailto:planning at acquisitioninstitute.org>.
About Timberline Lodge
The Timberline Lodge conference facility offers a relaxed atmosphere for librarians, vendors, and publishers to discuss issues of concern. Plan to come and listen to one another in this small conference (enrollment is limited to 85) with its rustic resort setting and the finest of people and conversations. Presenters are encouraged to engage the audience and there are plenty of opportunities for informal discussion outside the scheduled program. Plan to enjoy the good food, the beautiful mountain scenery, snow sports and swimming, and favorite readings. Explore the Timberline Lodge<http://www.timberlinelodge.com/> web site for a sense of the historic character of the lodge. We have reserved the entire suite of rooms for the Institute.