[Eril-l] EXTENDED: Call for Proposals - Collection Management & Electronic Resources Interest Group ALA Midwinter 2018

Michael Fernandez fernm at american.edu
Mon Dec 4 07:31:33 PST 2017

**Call extended to December 11**

The ALCTS CMS Collection Management and Electronic Resources Interest Group (CMERIG) is seeking presentation proposals for our meeting to be held on Sunday, February 11, 2018 from 3:00-4:00 pm during the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Denver.

The focus of our Midwinter session will be E-book Assessment. We are particularly interested in innovative methods that libraries are using to measure the value of their e-book collections and inform collection decisions. Potential topics include:

*         E-book usage statistics: how they're harvested, stored, and analyzed

*         Methods for assessing the value of an e-book collection and what metrics are used

*         Building an e-book collection using multiple acquisition models (e.g. firm purchasing, DDA/PDA, EBA)

*         Determining cost per use for e-book collections

*         Comparison of e-book to print usage

*         Evaluating user experience across different e-book platforms

Presentations should be 20-30 minutes in length and allow time for audience questions. Please include the following information in your proposal:

*         Name, job title, contact information and affiliation of presenter(s)

*         Title of presentation

*         Abstract (150 words or less)

*         Estimated length of presentation

Please send your proposals to Michael Fernandez (fernm at american.edu<mailto:fernm at american.edu>) and Shannon Tharp (stharp at uwyo.edu<mailto:stharp at uwyo.edu>) by Monday, December 11. Presenters will be notified of their selection status on or before Friday, December 15.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Michael Fernandez (Chair)

Shannon Tharp (Vice-Chair)

Michael Fernandez