[Eril-l] Database management question

Deziel, Bryan G. bdeziel at anl.gov
Wed Oct 12 11:25:52 PDT 2016

Hi Katherine,

We use LibGuides here at Argonne.  One caveat - if you use SerialsSolutions, LibGuides can auto-import all your databases; however, this can get messy since, as we all know, tracking subscriptions in SerialsSolutions can be a total mess.  (I would be interested to learn if anyone on this list has done a project to clean their holdings up).  One example (pictured below) is that databases can be duplicated (which may or may not make sense to us, but is likely confusing to the user):

[cid:image001.png at 01D2248B.D75AC570]

I am in the process of cleaning this up, but for the time being, I added some custom code to add our curated list of "Featured Databases" to the right column below New and Trial Databases.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Bryan

Bryan G. Deziel, MLIS
Discovery and Digital Resources Librarian
Argonne Research Library,
Argonne National Laboratory
bdeziel at anl.gov<mailto:bdeziel at anl.gov>
(630) 252-3876