[Eril-l] Next FOLIOForum: Community Sourcing Development, Dec. 7 at 11 AM ET

Kristin Martin kmarti at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 28 12:05:40 PST 2016

[folio_logo.jpg]

Event: Community Sourcing Development: FOLIO Special Interest Groups

Time: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 11:00AM EST / 1600 GMT<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=FOLIO+Forum&iso=20161116T16&p1=1440&ah=1>

Register Here:

https://olf.webex.com/olf/onstage/g.php?MTID=e30d7844fec6ccd0f8a72c63679b4a02b

Recently, we learned about FOLIO's roadmap<https://www.openlibraryenvironment.org/archives/246> for development from Harry Kaplanian at EBSCO. The FOLIO project is a joint venture between libraries, developers, and service providers, and will be relying upon the experiences and knowledge of functional experts across the library world to implement the roadmap. Teams of experts are being organized into Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to work on different functional areas of development for the FOLIO suite of software. Within the SIGs functional experts from libraries work closely together with user experience designers and project developers to design functionality for FOLIO. This forum will provide a history of work done to date on FOLIO as well as information on new SIGs being organized around the functional areas of access management, user management, and metadata management. We will also go into more detail and provide a summary of work currently underway by the Resource Management SIG. We will cover the different communication channels and opportunities for additional involvement by interested experts.

SPEAKERS:

*         Peter Murray, Open Source Community Advocate at Index Data

*         Dracine Hodges, Head of Technical Services, Duke University Libraries

*         Kristen Wilson, Associate Head of Acquisitions and Discovery, North Carolina State University Libraries

*         Kristin Martin, Electronic Resources Management Librarian, University of Chicago

Please use the hashtag #FOLIOforum on social media for these events.