[Eril-l] Call for Proposals: ALCTS CMS Collection Management and Electronic Resources Interest Group

Sunshine Carter scarter at umn.edu
Tue Nov 1 06:42:27 PDT 2016

The ALCTS CMS Collection Management and Electronic Resources Interest Group
(CMERIG) is seeking lightning talk proposals for our meeting to be held on
Sunday, January 22, 2017 from 3:00-4:00 pm during the ALA Midwinter 2017
conference in Atlanta, Georgia.

We are looking for presentation that discuss new e-resource workflows
created and/or implemented by libraries. Workflows are an important part of
getting work done in a consistent and timely fashion. There are a number of
unique collection management challenges throughout the e-resource life
cycle which necessitate the development of specialized workflows. Example
workflow topics include:

   - Trialing & selecting new e-resources
   - Licensing & negotiation
   - Proxying
   - Perpetual access & archiving practices
   - Title transfer management
   - Troubleshooting
   - Discovery
   - Record loading (EDI, EOD, MARC)
   - Managing platform changes
   - Ensuring accessibility of e-resources

The meeting is scheduled to last one hour with time for several short (5-10
minute) presentations (including Q&A). The remaining time will be reserved
for administrative business. We request that the following information be
included in each proposal:

   - Name, job title, contact information and affiliation of presenter(s)
   - Title of presentation
   - Abstract (50 words)

Please send your proposal to Sunshine Carter at scarter at umn.edu by Monday,
November 21, 2016. Presenters will be notified of selected presentations by
November 28, 2016.

Sincerely,
Sunshine Carter (Chair)
Michael Fernandez (Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect)
--
Sunshine J. Carter
Electronic Resources Librarian & ERM Unit Manager
scarter at umn.edu