[Eril-l] Providing alumni access to databases

Erin Gallagher EGALLAGHER at Rollins.edu
Thu Mar 31 07:54:11 PDT 2016

Good morning, everyone.
We've had requests from some alumni of our MBA program for access to databases.  None of our "business-y" databases currently allow for alumni access, and we've already received pricing options.  For those of you whose libraries/institutions provide alumni access to databases:

*         Do you provide a separate page with links to these databases specifically for alumni?

*         How do you track and maintain access for a specific user group?  Is this handled by IT?

*         Do you pay for access with library funds?  Or from other groups on campus?

Thank you in advance.  I will be happy to share all responses with the group.
Erin

Erin Gallagher
Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian
Olin Library
Rollins College
1000 Holt Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789