[Eril-l] Lib.steps -- any familiarity with this?

Beth M. Johns bmjohns at SVSU.edu
Thu Jun 9 12:23:54 PDT 2016

I suspected they were second rate at best from their website. I'm happy with our current tools, so I'm not inclined to seek out this company any further.

Beth M. Johns, MLIS

E-Resources Librarian

Saginaw Valley State University

Melvin J. Zahnow Library

________________________________
From: Ours, Mike <ours.m at lynchburg.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2016 2:22:46 PM
To: Beth M. Johns; 'ERIL-L (eril-l at lists.eril-l.org)'
Subject: RE: Lib.steps -- any familiarity with this?

Beth,

I was contacted by a rep from this company as well. I finally looked at the site and it is essentially a federated search for specific publishers. I was given a link to a demo site and  tried several simple searches ("solar system"; "bear habitats") and the results were terrible. The default display seems to have nothing to do with relevance and everything to do with which publisher's site responds first.
I have asked that they not contact me again.

Michael Ours
Electronic Resources Librarian
Knight-Capron Library
Lynchburg College
1501 Lakeside Dr., Lynchburg, VA 24501-3113
434/544-8206               FAX: 434/544-8499
ours.m at lynchburg.edu<mailto:ours.m at lynchburg.edu>