[Eril-l] New ILS Advice

Deziel, Bryan G. bdeziel at anl.gov
Thu Jun 16 12:57:42 PDT 2016

Hello everyone,

We are in the early stages of investigating ILS systems and putting an RFP together to replace our extremely antiquated one.

In addition to our library services, we also provide a couple other additional services to our patrons which are tracked using our current ILS.  Namely:

-          Procurement of "desk copies" (personal copies which are paid for by the patron's department)

-          Processing of page charges/article processing charges
I am curious to know if any of your libraries also perform either/or of these services and if you are using your ILS to track them or a separate system.  Whatever system we go with will require fairly robust financial budgeting capabilities. If you would be willing to share any advice or experiences you have, I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to email me off list (bdeziel at anl.gov<mailto:bdeziel at anl.gov>).

Thanks!

- Bryan

Bryan G. Deziel, MLIS
Discovery and Digital Resources Librarian
Argonne Research Library,
Argonne National Laboratory
bdeziel at anl.gov<mailto:bdeziel at anl.gov>
(630) 252-3876