[Eril-l] are there any one-time purchase opportunities in the world of electronic resources?

Harper, Cynthia charper at vts.edu
Wed Jun 8 12:46:41 PDT 2016

Hi - I'm looking for new ways of purchasing, beyond our usual subscriptions, in the subject domain of Theology and Religion.  I sent this message to the ATLA listserv:

If any of you, hypothetically, had a budget surplus in your "computer and database" budget, which is separate from the ebook budget, but you're looking for a one-time purchase, rather than a subscription, do you have ideas on products that would fall in that category that I may not be aware of?  I'm thinking that if there is any document delivery service that purchases by "tokens", or a one-time purchase for a reference source (how is that not an ebook?.  I thought some of you might have ideas.  Software generally falls under our IT department budget.  I'm looking for something that would make a difference to our users.

Cindy Harper
E-services and periodicals librarian
Virginia Theological Seminary
Bishop Payne Library