[Eril-l] Publisher complaint -- how would you respond?

Harker, Karen Karen.Harker at unt.edu
Thu Jul 28 11:23:17 PDT 2016

I agree that this step is unethical.  I would first send this up the publisher's chain of command - was this from a single rep, or from the CEO?  If this was the action of a jilted service rep, but not approved by their admin, then report it, as well as your displeasure with this approach.  However, if this action was supported by or directly from those in the upper echelons of the company, then, please, share this publisher's info with the rest of the community.

Also, you will need to respond to the faculty who received this email.  Unfortunately, you will have to do some damage control.  However, if you were diligent in your methods, you have nothing to hide or worry about.  You should be able to produce the documentation that supports your decisions, and the faculty will understand.

Karen R. Harker, MLS, MPH
Collection Assessment Librarian
University of North Texas Libraries
1155 Union Circle, #305190