[Eril-l] Publisher complaint -- how would you respond?

Sally Krash krash at library.umass.edu
Fri Jul 29 05:54:47 PDT 2016

I had this happen once in my previous library. An OA publisher/platform
provider actually put up a notice on their website (limited to our IP range)
that stated that the XX Library did not support their platform. How
unprofessional! A professor sent us the information, and mind you, he was
not asking us to provide support, he just was asking us what was going on.
The provider had never even reached out to the library to ask us to provide
support. Our response? A decision was made to pay the fee for membership
support of the platform. I could not believe it. That will only encourage
this kind of activity, but the decision was made above my level.

Sally