[Eril-l] Moving from Library PressDisplay to PressReader

Larrison, Stephanie A larrison at txstate.edu
Tue Jul 26 08:48:22 PDT 2016

Library PressDisplay will be shut off on September 1st but we are seeing problems with the new site, PressReader.  Has anyone else noticed the following problems?

1-     Online account does not sync well with mobile account.   Ex. I have Wall Street Journal - Europe, Newsweek, The Herald, Austin American Statesman, and Clean Eating on my desktop, but my phone has Newsweek, Austin American Statesman, and Clean Eating.

2-     Similar to (1) the newspapers available online are not identical to those available from mobile.   I can't even find Wall Street Journal on the mobile at all.

3-     There is no online reading for mobile devices.  You must download each issue.  It took over 10 minutes (could have been up to 30 minutes, it was nowhere near finished when I stopped checking the status) for Martha Stewart Living to download a single issue on my phone.   The newspapers are faster but I'm not a fan of loading big files on my mobile.  Right now it is occupying 475 MB of my space, at least 5 times as much as my average app.

4-     At this time we do not have a choice to exclude the magazines and they are wanting to charge us more for it.

Stephanie Larrison
Electronic Resources Librarian
Texas State University

512-245-8613