[Eril-l] Better connectivity to articles in PMC?

Angela Galvan galvan at geneseo.edu
Tue Jan 26 08:02:35 PST 2016

Collective Wisdom,

Not all journals in PMC are indexed in the Serials/Workflow Solutions PMC
database. I'm trying to find a way beyond creating a number of resource
notes on individual journals to address the problem. Example:

We have Journal of Child & Adolescent Substance Abuse, with an 18 month
embargo. However, a number of authors deposited post-acceptance copies of
articles into PMC. Is there a way I can get our resolver to recognize this
article is available in PMC without having the user begin another search?

It doesn't happen often, but when it does the user becomes very aware of
the 'seams' between library systems and I'm trying to avoid this. Am I
tilting at windmills?

Off-list answers are fine, thanks for your help.

-Angela

Angela Galvan
Digital Resources and Systems Librarian
SUNY Geneseo