[Eril-l] Job Opening : Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian - American University of Sharjah
thom at hodgenet.com
Fri Feb 12 19:21:10 PST 2016
The AUS Library is seeking an energetic and knowledgeable Acquisitions and
Resource Management Librarian to join its service-oriented team. Reporting
to the AUL for Technology and Technical Services, the successful candidate
will work closely with library colleagues to provide an integrated approach
to the acquisition and management of the library's electronic, print and
- Acquisitions, licensing, implementation, assessment and ongoing
maintenance of the library print and electronic collections.
- Coordinating with the Cataloging and Metadata Librarian to arrange
description and control of resources in the library's WMS system.
- Troubleshooting problems arising from ordering, subscription,
licensing or access-related technical issues including linking and
- Collecting and analyzing collection usage statistics.
- Document delivery.
- An ALA-accredited MLS degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- Knowledge of web-based applications and environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior technology skills with openness to emerging technologies
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to initiate and complete projects in a timely and
- Familiarity with standards such as EDI/EDIFACT, OpenURL, COUNTER, SUSHI
- Knowledge of metadata standards and formats including MARC, KBART,
Dublin Core, AACR2, RDA, LCSH
- 2 years' experience in print or electronic resource management,
commercial knowledge-bases or digital serials management
- Experience working in a university or research environment
- Experience with OCLC WMS or other library services platform
*If interested, applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum
vitae with the names of three references to **recruitment at aus.edu*
<recruitment at aus.edu>*. The position applied for should be mentioned in
the email subject line.*
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not meet
specified requirements will not be shortlisted*.
*AUS Alumni are encouraged to apply for these positions*
thom at hodgenet.com
American University of Sharjah - Library
PO Box 26666
tel +971 06 515 2260 (office)
mob +971 055 948 7838
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eril-l