[Eril-l] How do you manage database trials at your institutions?

Marcia Thomas mthomas at iwu.edu
Tue Aug 23 11:54:52 PDT 2016

At Illinois Wesleyan, we do much the same as both Kalamazoo and Trinity --
only run "serious" trails that can be funded.  Librarians review and
prioritize databases etc. annually, unless the product is for one
department that has agreed to cancel a subscription in exchange for a new
resource -- then the liaison librarian makes the decision with the
department/program.  All trials are *supposed* to be managed by the
collections librarian, not the teaching faculty.

Marcia Thomas
Collections Librarian
Illinois Wesleyan University
Bloomington, Illinois