[Eril-l] Help with e-resource evals

Sellars, Michelle Hoppen sellarsmh at cofc.edu
Wed Sep 23 06:53:01 PDT 2015

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice/examples/papers I should read about how to evaluate e-resources when you need to start canceling things. I have seen advice about making evals for acquisition decisions, but not as much about figuring out what to cut. It just seems that there are so many factors-usage, cost per use, usage and CPU in the context of the fund code, whether it's essential or not, cost, how long until you can cancel, etc., etc. How have you come up with lists of resources to possibly cut?

Any help would be appreciated!

Michelle Sellars
Manager of Digital Content
College of Charleston Libraries