[Eril-l] Fair use webinars for faculty?

Stachowicz, Christine christine at unc.edu
Wed Oct 21 08:54:36 PDT 2015

[Resending; I guess including the rest of the thread in my first attempt made the message too large.]

I forwarded this thread to our Scholarly Communications Officer, who sent this response to share:

Last year, I taught a MOOC, along with my counterparts at Emory and Duke, called Copyright for Educators and Librarians.  It's available as on-demand class on the Coursera platform.  There are a number of videos and also quizzes and suggested readings.  It's possible to use the videos alone, and it's free.

Take a look at https://www.coursera.org/learn/copyright-for-education.

One of the reasons we created this MOOC was to have an alternative to the CCC information.  Currently, we're developing a second MOOC on multimedia copyright-film, music, data, and images.

Anne Gilliland JD, MLS
Scholarly Communications Officer
University Libraries
Associate Law Librarian