[Eril-l] international access to eResources

Bhatt, Anjana abhatt at fgcu.edu
Fri Nov 20 07:41:54 PST 2015

Is not it governed under the remote access part of your contract agreement? If an international student is enrolled at your school then it is just like accessing a database from a remote location after authentication through the proxy server.

I am curious to know what others think or have experienced.

Anjana

Thanks & Regards.
Anjana.

Anjana  H. Bhatt
University Librarian (Electronic Resources)
Florida Gulf Coast University Library<http://library.fgcu.edu/>
10501 FGCU Boulevard South
Fort Myers, FL 33965-6501
Office Location: Library West 236
Phone: 239-590-7634<tel:239-590-7634>, Fax: 239-590-7609<tel:239-590-7609>, E-mail: abhatt at fgcu.edu<mailto:abhatt at fgcu.edu>
http://library.fgcu.edu/FAC/abhatt/bhatt.htm
FGCU library provide services that support student pursuits for academic success and faculty endeavors for knowledge creation and classroom instruction.

Florida has a very broad public records    law.  As a result, any written communication created or received by Florida Gulf Coast University employees is subject to disclosure to the public and the media, upon request, unless otherwise exempt.  Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records.  If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity.  Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.