[Eril-l] qr-code dummy blocks for online reference titles?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Nov 30 08:04:02 PST 2015

Hi,

About a year ago, after we bought a big Gale VRL title package, we decided
to start creating dummy blocks in our reference physical collection, with
QR codes, to increase the visibility of some of the more expensive/useful
titles.

Ours are pretty minimalist. If you'd like to see a couple of photos, see
here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7mGfR_o-CQAYlN0OFV5VFVGSHc&usp=sharing

I'd be interested to know if others are doing something like this, and if
so, if you could share pics of your designs.

Relatedly, I was talking with a Credo sales rep just now (we have their big
academic subscription collection), and when we got to the topic of
promotional materials, I suggested that they consider making Word templates
for their titles, designed for us to add our own QR codes (so we can
include our proxy prefix) and then print and cut&paste for this purpose.  I
figure anything their marketing people came up with would look much nicer
than ours.

I thought I'd ask folks on this list - if companies like Credo, Gale and
Oxford did this, would you use them?

--
Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian