[Eril-l] LibGuides CMS

Lawless, Jane jlawless at post03.curry.edu
Thu May 28 09:56:14 PDT 2015

Hi Buddy, Last fall we moved from our institutional CMS display to the Libguides CMS for databases and guides. Overall response from users and library faculty/staff has been positive. The set-up was straightforward for the most part;  what I like most is that this product puts more control in the hands of interested liaisons to update language, set up trials, changes subject associations, etc. Support needed by liaisons to do this work varies from a little to a lot, but most appreciate the autonomy. We have a small review committee that reviews all Libguides development (guides and databases).

We had to reconsider our subject associations-  not just database subjects, but also guide subjects. We agreed to have a standardized subject list, and each database/guide is assigned to at least one standardized subject. More flexible subjects or tags can also be added.

The product has some things we might like to see improved or changed, but in general Springshare has been responsive to suggestions, and always helpful.

We also have Innovative ERM. Most of our liaisons have not learned to work in that module comfortably. We are in the process to transitioning to Alma, and don't know yet how that will impact our decision to continue with the Libguides CMS, or not.

Glad to discuss further if it would be helpful to you. Good luck,

Jane

Jane Lawless
Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian
Levin Memorial Library
Curry College
1071 Blue Hill Ave
Milton MA 02186