[Eril-l] Anyone using Excel PowerQuery and SharePoint for ERMS type features?

ken at kenchadconsulting.com ken at kenchadconsulting.com
Wed May 20 04:57:23 PDT 2015

Microsoft is probably the major ERMS provider to academic libraries : ).
Certainly in the UK the use of Excel is ubiquitous and there is some use of
Access. It is really only the recent trend to adopt Library Services
Platforms like Alma that has begun to challenge MS’s dominance of the
market. So there should be lot of expertise out there to help. I note for
example:

Library e-resources usage & cost analysis – creating a template spreadsheet.

[blog]  by Mitchell Dunkley 3 December 2014

http://mitchley.our.dmu.ac.uk/2014/12/03/library-e-resource-usage-cost-analy
sis-creating-a-template-spreadsheet/

Back in Feb 2015 there was a conference session:  run by Jessica Lee,
Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian, Valdosta State University

 “Using Access and Excel to Manage Electronic Resources”  the blurb said
“With more resources becoming electronic everyday, it's hard to keep up and
ensure your staff and patrons that all of your resources are accurately
displayed to your patrons. This session would illustrate how to manage a
bulk of electronic resources by using Microsoft Access”

https://erl2015.sched.org/event/4ed2a2e9f17cbde32ebfceb32ce39433#.VVxwP0anGO
0

Also I note a “ALCTS E-forum about Analytics for Electronic Resources” 15
Dec 2014 which covered “software for usage statistics: third party vendor
software from EBSCO and Serials Solutions, use of Excel, CORAL.”

http://www.usus.org.uk/alcts-e-forum-about-analytics-for-electronic-resource
s/

UKSG has run sessions in the past on this topic and I’m sure there are some
Charleston conference sessions and (Against the Grain journal) articles with
some good advice

Ken

Ken Chad Consulting Ltd Tel: +44(0)7788727845
<http://www.kenchadconsuting.com/> http://www.kenchadconsulting.com Twitter:
@kenchadSkype: kenchadconsulting