[Eril-l] HeritageQuest, Ancestry Library Usage in April

Pruntel,Alison Alison.Pruntel at fauquiercounty.gov
Tue May 5 07:48:02 PDT 2015

In April, our library saw a large increase in traffic to AncestryLibrary (+141% over March) and a significant decrease to HeritageQuest Online (-45%). HeritageQuest Online switched over to "powered by Ancestry" in early March, so not sure if that's the issue? Prior to April, usage was pretty consistent month-over-month. Just wondering if anyone else experienced the same spike/drop? AncestryLibrary is in-library use only, and it's not like we've observed lots of people visiting the branches and using the database all of a sudden, and we had no supporting programs featuring Ancestry.

Thanks,

Alison Pruntel
Electronic Resources Librarian
Fauquier County Public Library