[Eril-l] Electronic Resources Interest Group 2015 ALA Annual Meeting

Martin Knott amuro at umich.edu
Fri Jun 19 11:37:50 PDT 2015

Please join us for the ALCTS Electronic Resources Interest Group (ERIG)
Meeting at ALA Annual

Saturday, June 27
1:00-2:30
Marriott Marquis Hotel
Golden Gate C2 Meeting Room

As our ebook collections continue to grow, so too are the challenges of
obtaining, managing, and providing access to the myriad sources. This
session will be an opportunity to talk about what is working well with
ebooks in your library. Come share your experiences and knowledge with
colleagues as we discuss questions such as:

   - What purchase or access model(s) is your library using to provide
   ebooks to users? What makes it work for you library?
   - How are your users most frequently discovering your ebooks?
   - What has been the best way to gather user feedback about ebooks? What
   trends has this helped identify?
   - What experiments has your library tried with ebooks and how did impact
   the current approach?

The election for the next Chair-Elect/Chair will follow the discussion.

Martin L. Knott
ERIG Chair-Elect/Chair
University of Michigan Library
Head, Electronic Resources and Database Management Section
(734) 763-9529
amuro at umich.edu