[Eril-l] Comparative reviews of current newspaper databases

Aiello, Helen haiello at wesleyan.edu
Tue Dec 15 12:45:45 PST 2015

Can anyone lead me to a recent article that may have done a comparative review(s) of current newspaper access databases?

I am not looking for individual newspaper titles (such as Gale or ProQuest newspapers) nor historical newspaper database (such as Readex products) but db such as
Newsbanks Access world news or ProQuest's International newspapers or BBC Monitoring.

Access to current newspapers through factiva or Lexis Nexis seems to confound undergraduate users so we are considering, and investigating, whether offering a newspaper centric only resource might be a better path of access.

Thanks for your help on this....

Helen

Helen M. Aiello, Acquisitions and E-Resources Librarian
Wesleyan University Library
Middletown, CT 06459-9299
Voice: (860) 685-3828