[Eril-l] Emerald Preserves with the CLOCKSS Archive

Kim Smilay pub-director at clockss.org
Mon Dec 7 09:37:30 PST 2015

Emerald Preserves with the CLOCKSS Archive

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce that it has partnered with
Emerald Group Publishing to preserve their ejournals and ebooks in CLOCKSS's
geographically and geopolitically distributed network of redundant archive
nodes, located at 12 major research libraries around the world.  This action
provides for content to be freely available to everyone after a "trigger
event" and ensures an author's work will be maximally accessible and useful
over time.

"As part of Emerald's commitment to service improvement, we are pleased to
now be preserving our ejournals and ebooks with the CLOCKSS Archive.  As a
global publisher in scholarly research, higher education and professional
development, it is imperative that we are able to protect our research and
ensure it is available for our global audience to access at their
convenience via CLOCKSS" said Peter Shelley, Managing Director - Western
Hemisphere, Emerald Group Publishing.

About Emerald Group Publishing: www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com

Founded in 1967, Emerald today manages a range of digital products, a
portfolio of nearly 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 450
teaching cases.

More than 3,000 Emerald articles are downloaded every hour of every day.
The network of contributors includes over 100,000 advisers, authors and
editors.  Globally, Emerald has an extraordinary reach with 12 offices
worldwide and more than 4,000 customers in over 120 countries.

Emerald is COUNTER 4 compliant.  It is also a partner of the Committee on
Publication Ethics (COPE) and works with Portico and the LOCKSS initiative
for digital archive preservation.  It also works in close collaboration with
a number of organizations and associations worldwide.