[Eril-l] UX and You: great day conference

Annie Erdmann erdmann at simmons.edu
Mon Dec 7 08:35:31 PST 2015

User Experience Research is a hot topic for 2016!
Hear from accomplished speakers, and get hands-on experience from our
demonstration tables.

*WHEN*: January 6, 2016 ||| Wednesday ||| 9 AM - 3 PM
*WHERE*: Simmons College in Boston
*HOW MUCH*: Registration $60 |||  ASIST members $45
*SO*: Register today! <http://neasist-uxandyou.eventbrite.com/>

*UX & You: User Experience Research and Design *

We have all been hearing about user experience and here is your opportunity to
learn what it is all about and how you can get useful data to improve your
services, web portals, digital humanities projects or physical spaces.
Let's start making a better impact by engaging with our communities.

The New England Chapter of the Association for Information Science &
Technology, together with the Simmons College Student Chapter,
invite you to join us at our 2016 Winter Event, User Experience
& You: UX Design and Research. Morning presenters will give an introduction
to the topic and share their insights and experiences. The afternoon will
feature interactive demonstration tables that will give you hands-on
practice with various UX research tools and methods, followed by short case
studies by Simmons students.

Visit our event site <http://neasist-uxandyou.eventbrite.com/> to see the
topics to be discussed, and check out the roster of speakers below!

*Morning Speakers*
Rong Tang, PhD.- Associate Professor and Director Usability Lab, Simmons
College
Steven Anderson- Digital Repository Developer, Digital Commonwealth
Eben English- Web Services Developer, Boston Public Library
Kate Lawrence- Vice President, User Research, EBSCO Information Services

*Annie Erdmann*
(she/ her/ hers)
Digital Assets/ eResources Librarian
Simmons College Library