[Eril-l] Which Conference?

Steve Oberg steve.oberg at wheaton.edu
Fri Dec 4 10:57:08 PST 2015

Just a quick clarification. NASIG is not specifically serials focused, and hasn’t been for some time. As an example, it released the well-regarded Core Competencies for Electronic Resources Librarians document a few years ago. More recently, it underwent a name change and updated (expanded) its mission and vision to make that clearer to the broader library community. If you look at recent conference programs, you’ll see that a wide range of e-resources issues has been covered, including institutional repositories, library as publisher, and other things. Serials issues are still part of the whole, including print serials management. (By the way, more recently, NASIG adopted a similar core competencies document for print serials management. Each of these documents can be found on the NASIG website by clicking on Publications > Core Competencies.)

Like Todd, I have heard great things about ER&L and someday I hope to attend it. I also think The Charleston Conference is great. But I think NASIG is also worth considering in addition to others that have been mentioned.

Steve

Steve Oberg<http://www.wheaton.edu/Academics/Faculty/O/Steve-Oberg>
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Electronic Resources and Serials