[Eril-l] Which Conference?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Fri Dec 4 10:41:24 PST 2015

ER&L is excellent. NASIG is specifically serials, so it might not give you
enough coverage on other things, like ebooks and other e-services - I don't
go to it so I don't know for sure.

Another excellent one, but a little more expensive, is Computers in
Libraries. It's hosted by a for-profit though, so if your funding requires
non-profit conferences only, that one would be out.  But I've been blown
away with ideasx every time I've gone.

Every other year is the LITA conference too.  Depending on what scope
"electronic resources librarian" has for you, if it includes for instance a
big role for content on your website, you might find the LITA conferences
very helpful.

Fortunately pretty much everyone keeps past conference info online nowadays
so you can look around and compare.

Melissa Belvadi

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Kathleen Juliano <kjuliano at drew.edu> wrote:

> Hello Colleagues,
>
> Although not new to Libraries, I am new to the role of Electronic
> Resources Librarian.  Our travel budget is very limited, but I have
> received permission to attend a conference this year.  What would be your
> collective recommendations as to which one to attend, as a"newbie"?  My
> goal is to learn as much as possible about not only Electronic Resources
> management but Print serials management as well.  So far I am considering
> The ER & L conference in Austin in April,  and the NC Serials conference in
> March. I would also consider the Charleston Conference in November,
> (although it's not focused solely on electronic resources and may be too
> large for a first timer? )
>
> AM I missing any?
>
> Thanks so much in advance for your advice!
>
> Kathy

Melissa Belvadi
Collections Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island